Comment on page
Governance and Staking
GMG holders can exercise limited governance within the ecosystem by staking GMG for a fixed term. The longer the duration, the more voting power the user obtains, making them stakeholders and not just token holders. GMG tokens allow all players actively staking to vote on issues raised in the community, including; development direction, suggested platform improvements, acceptance of new games into the ecosystem, retirement of older games, and community standards.
Voting rights are based on the number of tokens staked and the length of time they are staked for. Voting will take place once per quarter and only token holders with tokens staked for at least 30 days may participate in voting. Voting will take place over a 15 day window and all staked tokens will be locked during the voting period.
Staking rewards are paid out according to the amount of time tokens are staked for:
- Staking GMG for one month (minimum lock period):
- Returns an annual rate of 6%, payable in GMG
- Provides staking users with 1 vote for each GMG token staked
- Staking GMG for three months:
- Returns an annual rate of 8%, payable in GMG
- Provides staking users with 2 votes for each GMG token staked
- Staking GMG for six months or greater:
- Returns an annual rate of 10%, payable in GMG
- Provides staking users with 4 votes for each GMG token staked